Sunday, January 20, 2008

Exciting News

Well, I suppose it's not really exciting now that the people that actually read this blog already know, but just in case....I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW on Wednesday with Weather Command! I am totally excited, and completely nervous. I pray that it goes well, but I think this may be my only opportunity in Chicago for getting a 'weather job'. So, no pressure at all. haha, right. My friend Shelley works at the water survey in Champaign, and she knows a person there that used to work for Weather Command. It was helpful knowing a little of what to expect and what it's like on the inside. It sounds like a typical private forecasting job, which is what I was expecting. For those of you that are in the meteorology community, you know what I'm referring to, so I'll leave it at that. ;)

On another note, I wish I was going to the AMS conference in New Orleans this week. I've never been to N.O. , and this would have been a great way to experience it. Oh well. I should be honest, it's not about N.O. or the conference, it's about the free pens, calendars, posters, and other random fun free stuff given away at the conference. Not to mention the fact that the AMS meeting is really just spring break for meteorologists disguised as a conference. (To all my friends that are down there right now...have a drink for me!)

On a totally unrelated note...I was watching an episode of West Wing tonight (yeah, I'm huge fan and a huge geek), and it made me realize...I want to be in Washington for the inauguration of the President. Maybe it'll be next year, maybe it'll be 30 years from now, but some day, I want to experience it. I think it'd be fun to be a part of history. Also, I'd looooove to go to one of the inauguration balls. There's nothin better than getting in a ball gown and dancing the night away. This week, the Library of Congress announced that they recently discovered pictures that were marked incorrectly and are actually rare pictures of Lincoln's second inaugural. This is the first inauguration where African-Americans were allowed in the parade. Here's a link to those photos. I think if I couldn't make it as a meteorologist I would have been A) a used book store owner or B) a historian. I loooove history and loooove seeing it unfold before me. Maybe someday I can combine meteorology and history by writing a book on some sort of historical event that was affected by weather or just a history of weather. haha.

Now, to end with a great PhDcomic:


until next time...

3 comments:

OUWxGuesser said...

So have you watched the how weather has changed history show on the history channel???

OUWxGuesser said...

you should blog about your extra exciting news now ;p Aaron told you so!

A. Tatum said...

Good look to you. You ever want any advice email me up. I'm a forecaster in the military. My blog is below.

maddencorner.blogspot.com